Monday, August 2, 2010

Hello September Issues

You all know I'm a full on magazine geek, so for me September is like Christmas as the glossies all go supersized. The UK issues always seem to come out a week or so before the US publications, so although it's only the 2nd of August the September covers are all out in the UK.
Matthias Vriens-McGrath photographed Emily Blunt for UK ELLE this month, and she looks wonderfully vampy in Valentino lace. Over at Vanity Fair Lady Gaga was photographed by Nick Knight (the US edition has the same cover) and I am super excited for this issue. I'm not a huge Gaga fan but I adore this cover and I think it could become a bit of a collectors item too.


Vogue UK went down the predictable route and chose Kate Moss (photographed by Patrick Demarchelier) for their September issue. I love the image of Kate in the Burberry pea coat. Alexandra Shulman, UK Vogue's editor, explained to the Guardian earlier in the year why they tend to stick with Kate for September, saying:
"Kate Moss sells well for us but then we tend to play to our strengths and put her on the September cover – it's better to use your ammunition on a big issue rather than battling against a difficult seasonal situation."
And finally, fellow supermodel Gisele Bundchen covers UK UK Harper's Bazaar. I don't buy UK Harper's nearly enough so I'm going to make sure I get this issue. You can't go wrong with a bit of Gisele can you? And the Cedric Buchet photos look gorgeous.
I can't wait to see the US covers now...

Which is your favourite UK September cover?

images from thefashionspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers