Wednesday, August 4, 2010

The Top Five Irresistible Buys

This week I started putting together a wishlist for my a/w wardrobe on my Blackberry. That way I'll hopefully only buy things that I really want/need when I'm out shopping and stop wasting money on silly bits and pieces. Yesterday I ticked off my first item (H&M lace bunny ears - very Olsen twins) which left me feeling super organised. But after browsing through the online stores I've found some many other beautiful items I want to add to my wishlist. Something tells me this list will continue to grow and grow. These are the top five pieces I currently have my eye on:

1. Lace and bead cami, £38 at topshop.com This caught my eye as I have an endless supply of jersey tanks, striped tees and practical t-shirts but hardly any 'dressy' tops. Next time I pass a Topshop I'll definitely go in to search for this pretty cami, which I'd wear with skinny jeans and heels in the evening.
2. Pink friendship bracelet by Bex Rox, £35 at cocosa.com This Bex Roz bracelet (normally £60) goes on sale at Cocosa today and comes in a blue and yellow too. It would make a great birthday present but I'm also lusting after one as I'm a sucker for gold jewellery.
3. Wool-blend dungaree skirt by 3.1 Phillip Lim, £495 at net-a-porter.com The opening outfit for Phillip Lim's a/w 2010 collection is still one of my favourite looks of the season, and this week his dungaree skirt hit Net-A-Porter in black. If I had the funds I'd buy this and wear it with a simple white shirt.
4. Grey suede boots, £55 at asos.com I had lunch with friends yesterday and it turns out they all want a shearling jacket for fall. It's obvious the Burberry-style jacket will be everywhere this a/w but I still want desperately one. To stand out from the crowd a little bit these boots are a great buy. The shearling look but without the "on trend" tag.
5. Embroidered jumper by Erdem, £920 at brownsfashion.com Swallows are definitely having a moment and this Erdem jumper puts a new twist on Swallow prints. This is a total dream item for me, but if I did get my hands on one I'd wear it under the season's minimalistic single-breasted coat.

What is on your a/w wishlist this year? And has anything in my selection caught your eye?

images from product websites catwalk image style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers