Tuesday, July 28, 2009

"You Bought This From Ralph Lauren?"

Yesterday while out shopping I walked past a Tommy Hilfiger store. Tommy clothes aren't really my style, so my first thought is not "ooh lets go in" it's "remember Ally Hilfiger on Rich Girls?"
Rich Girls was the first reality TV show I ever loved, and I still think it is amazing - they should think about bringing it out on DVD, I would be lame enough to buy it.
Rumour has it Ally is embarrassed by the way she came across, but I liked her. My memories are of her wearing aviator sunglasses better than Jennifer Aniston does, struggling to make Mexican food and coming up with the hilarious analogy that designing a collection for her Dad is like stripping away all her makeup and re-applying it.
And she has turned out brilliantly, she looked amazing at the Charlotte Ronson show last Feb. How does she make those classes look so cool?

ahilfiger0204081371oe0

Anyway, I managed to find the best clip from the show, where Ally is cleaning out her wardrobe and Tommy butts in and starts insulting all her clothes (especially those by Ralph Lauren). To me this is genius - I could watch it all day.

"You bought this from Ralph Lauren? How much did you pay for this?"

"I got it at a discount price"

"Was it on sale or something? It looks like it would be on sale, I don't think anyone would really wanna buy this"

See - genius!
I you haven't seen it you must watch it, and if you have watch it again anyway. Link is here - clip is one minute in.

image from the fashion spot

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers